Loose Change.Â A movie you must see!Â Movie is here
Archive for October, 2007
Why didn’t we hear more about these stories.Â Some of these stories show how America is no longer America.Â Story is hereÂ
Housing is in an awful state.Â Story is here
Say goodbye to the ice caps at the North Pole.Â Video is here
Andrew Sullivan writes a gret look at how much power George W. Bush has in the USA.Â Total post is here
I posted an email earlier today trying to understand the extraordinary powers that president Bush has accrued to himself since the 9/11 attacks. No president has ever had so much power over the citizenry of the United States in American history – the permanent power to name anyone an enemy, detain them indefinitely and torture them into confession anywhere in the world. My reader suggested that this extraordinary shift in America’s constitutional balance – the creation of an extra-legal dictatorship within a putatively democratic society – was explicable only if you believe that the very existence of the U.S. is in peril.
It is about time!!!!Â Story is here
Typically the bog news channels really don’t react to use of their broadcasts it seems.Â There are zillions of clips from FOX News, CNN, and MSNBC on YouTube and the clips don’t seem to draw the broadcaster’s attention.Â So why would FOX News say no to use of their footage by one Republican candidate and allow another use of their footage?Â Story is here
Because of the millions of dogs and cats that are killed each year that cannot be or are not adopted.Â These animals are all killed needlessly because their humans did not spay or neuter the animal’s parents.Â This video is highly disturbing and it didn’t help that one of the dogs they kill (or put to sleep) happened to look a lot like my dog.Â This isÂ just an amazing lack of interest and care by people who own these animals…they should have purchased a nice chair or painting instead of a being that needed as much care and attention as a child.Â So many people have animals that they don’t properly care for or don’t know how to care for or train or control.Â The number of excess dogs and cats is nearly countless considering the unknown numbers just released to the wild.Â Remember that this is what humans do to animals…so who is the real animal in this equation considering the rational one does not act that way.Â A huge reason why animals end up this way is because the pet is seen as being out of control when in fact it is the human that does not know how to train their animal.Â Please spay or neuter your pet and suggest to your friends that they do the same for their pets.Â Please consult a professional if your pet is uncontrollable/aggressive.Â If you are ready to see the result of when you don’t do the above,Â click onÂ this video.Â Video is here
And Valerie Plame was outed as a CIA agent because her husband wrote an anti Iraq War op-ed piece.Â Valerie was described as a little more than a receptionist at the CIA…HOWEVER she apparently truly was working as a key player in keeping nuclear weapons out of Iran.Â
< <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< A few months following Alexandrovna’s groundbreaking revelations, MSNBC’s David Shuster reported that he had also been told by his own sources of Plame’s involvement in an Iran operation and the damage done by her outing.
CBS states further that Plame “was involved in one highly classified mission to deliver fake nuclear weapons blueprints to Tehran. It was called Operation Merlin, and it was first revealed in a book by investigative reporter James Risen.”
Risen’s book, State of War: The Secret History of the CIA and the Bush Administration, was published in October 2006, eight months after Alexandrovna’s initial reporting. Risen discussed Project Merlin in the book but did not mention that Plame had been part of it.
Reached on Saturday morning, Alexandrovna said she had known of Project Merlin when she wrote her 2006 article but was not allowed to discuss the operation, as per her agreement with sources, just the country involved. “I cannot confirm or deny that Plame was connected with Project Merlin, only that I was aware of it,” Alexandrovna told Raw.
So get ready for the outrage from the people that supported the war because this has dramatically hurt the intelligence community for the next couple of decades and hurt our ability to fight Iraq and Iranâ€¦on second thoughtâ€¦they wonâ€™t mind because THEY outed her.
So now the people that are so interested in attacking Iran have allowed Iran to advance their hopes of getting nuclear technology.Â
What does it say about those people? Does this mean that their interests in winning the Iraq War are genuine or not genuine because outing a key player Â keeping nuclear technology from Iran and then being outraged when Iran gains nuclear technology sounds like Iran is being set up for a war.
Donâ€™t forget that Saddam was set up in several different ways over a number of years.
So the Bush Administration DID out a CIA spy in a time of war and no one paid for it.Â
The words of BILL MAHER fit this story PERFECTLY!!!
Bill Maher transcript 3/27/07
And finally, New Rule: Traitors don’t get to question my patriotism. What could be less patriotic than constantly screwing things up for America? You know, it’s literally hard to keep up with the sheer volume of scandals in the Bush Administration. Which is why I like to download the latest scandal right onto my iPod. That way, I can catch up on this week’s giant fuck-up on my drive in to work.
In fact, Bush has so many scandals, he could open a chain of “Bush Scandal and Fuck-up” theme restaurants. “Ooh, should I get the Harriet Miers meatloaf or the Katrina crab cakes?
You know, not to generalize, but the 29% of people who still support President Bush are the ones who love to pronounce themselves more patriotic than the rest of us. But just saying you’re patriotic is like saying you have a big cock. If you have to say it, chances are it’s not true.
LEGEND: I have to tell you.
MAHER: And, indeed, the party that flatters itself that they protect America better is the party that has exhausted the military, left the ports wide open and purposefully outed a CIA agent, Valerie Plame.
That’s not treason anymore? Outing a spy? Did I mention it was one of our spies? And how despicable that Bush’s lackeys attempted to diminish this crime by belittling her service, like she was just some chick who hung around the CIA. “An intern, really. Groupie, if you want to be mean about it.”
No. Big lie. Valerie Plame was the CIA’s operational officer in charge of counter-proliferation. Which means she tracked loose nukes. So, when Bush said, as he once did, that his absolute, number-one priority was preventing terrorists from getting loose nukes, okay, that’s what she worked on. That’s what she devoted her life to, staying undercover for 20 years, maintaining two identities every goddamn day. This is extraordinary service to your country.
Valerie Plame was the kind of real-life secret agent George Bush dreams of being when he’s not too busy pretending to be a cowboy or a fighter pilot.
CIA agents are troops. This was a military assassination of one of our own, done through the press, ordered by Karl Rove. He said, of Valerie Plame, quote, “She’s fair game.” And then Cheney shot her.
George Bush likes to claim that he doesn’t question his critics’ patriotism, just their judgment. Well, let me be the first of your critics, Mr. President, to question your judgment and your patriotism. Because, let’s not forget why they did it to her. Because Valerie Plame was married to this guy, Joe Wilson, who the Bush people hated because he busted them on one of their bullshit reasons for invading Iraq.
He was sent to the African country of Niger to see if Niger was selling nuclear fuel to Iraq. They weren’t. It was bullshit, and he said so. In fact, his report was called, “Niger, Please!”
Valerie Plame’s husband told the truth about their lie, so they were willing to jeopardize an entire network of spies to ruin her life. Wow, even the mob doesn’t go after your family.
Mark Twain said, “Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.” And I say Valerie Plame is a patriot because she spent her life serving her country. Scooter Libby is not, because he spent his life serving Dick Cheney.
Valerie Plame kept her secrets. The Bush Administration leaked like the plumbing at Walter Reed.
In the year, 2008, I really think that Hillary Clinton should run for president on a platform of “restoring honor and integrity to the Oval Office.”
The lower and even the middle class wage earners are having a hard time stretching their paychecks to the next paycheck.Â Â Even the major stores say they are feeling the crunch because their customers are feeling the crunch.Â Â Story is here
Paul Krugman from the New York Times was on DemocracyNow! Wednesday and the interview he had with Amy Goodman was just excellent.Â You can see the video in a number of bandwidths and download MP3s here.Â Krugman of course is a columnist for the New York Times, this after being trained as an economist from Princeton.Â He is well versed in every aspect of the American Dollar and societal impact.Â Why are we still mired in the only health care plan in the Industrialized World that bankrupts people?Â Why did Alan Greenspan help make the recent housing bubble with decisions from years ago and when we had the surplus why did we decide to give it back by giving the ultra rich tax cuts as opposed to socking it away in the Social Security lockbox?Â Why is it that many billionaires only pay 15% tax?Â He also has a book out, “The Conscience of a Liberal”.Â If you complain that the drive by media does not focus on a topic for long enough to actually teach viewers something of value then you are HUGELY mistaken.Â You have apparently not seen DemocracyNow!Â
Dr. Lawrence Britt, a political scientist, published research on fascism in which he examined the fascist regimes of Hitler, Mussolini, Franco, Suharto and several Latin American regimes. Britt found 14 defining characteristics common to each fascist State:
1. Powerful and Continuing Nationalism – Fascist regimes tend to make constant use of patriotic mottos, slogans, symbols, songs and other paraphernalia. Flags are seen everywhere as are flag symbols on clothing and in public displays.
2. Disdain for the recognition of Human Rights – Because of fear of enemies and the need for security, the people in fascist regimes are persuaded that human rights can be ignored in certain cases because of â€œneed.â€ The people tend to look the other way or even approve of torture, summary executions, assassinations, long incarceration of prisoners, etc.
3. Identification of Enemies/Scapegoats as a Unifying Cause – The people are rallied into a unifying patriotic frenzy over the need to eliminate a perceived common threat or foe: racial, ethnic or religious minorities; liberals; communists; socialists; terrorists, etc.
4. Supremacy of the Military – Even when there are widespread domestic problems, the military is given a disproportionate amount of government funding, and the domestic agenda is neglected. Soldiers and military are glamorized.
5. Rampant sexism – The government of fascist nations tend to be almost exclusively male-dominated. Under fascist regimes, traditional gender roles are made more rigid. Divorce, abortion and homosexuality are suppressed and the state is represented as the ultimate guardian of the family institution.
6. Controlled Mass Media – Sometimes the media is directly controlled by the government, but in other cases, the media is indirectly controlled by government regulation, or sympathetic media spokespeople and executives. Censorship, especially in war time, is very common.
7. Obsession with National security – Fear is used as a motivational tool by the government over the masses.
8. Religion and Government are intertwined – Government in fascist nations tend to use the most common religion in the nation as a tool to manipulate public opinion. Religious rhetoric and terminology is common from government leaders, even when the major tenets of the religion are diametrically opposed to the governmentâ€™s policies or actions.
9. Corporate Power is Protected – The industrial and business aristocracy of a fascist nation are often the ones who put the government leaders into power, creating a mutually beneficial business/government relationship and power elite.
10. Labor Power is suppressed – Because the organizing power of labor is the only real threat to a fascist government, labor unions are either eliminated, or are severely restricted.
11. Disdain for Intellectuals and the Arts – Fascist nations tend to promote and tolerate open hostility to higher education, and academia. It is not uncommon for professors and other academics to be censored or even arrested. Free expression in the arts and letters is openly attacked.
12. Obsession with Crime and Punishment – Under fascist regimes, the police are given almost limitless power to enforce laws. The people are often willing to overlook police abuses and even forego civil liberties in the name of patriotism. There is often a national police force with virtually unlimited power in fascist nations.
13. Rampant Cronyism and Corruption – Fascist regimes almost always are governed by groups of friends and associates who appoint each other to government positions and use governmental power and authority to protect their friends from accountability. It is not uncommon in fascist regimes for national resources and even treasures to be appropriated or even outright stolen by government leaders.
14. Fraudulent Elections – Sometimes elections in fascist nations are a complete sham. Other times elections are manipulated by smear campaigns against or even assassinations of opposition candidates, use of legislation to control voting numbers or political district boundaries, and manipulation of the media. Fascist nations also typically use their judiciaries to manipulate or control elections.
Benito Mussolini – who knew something about fascism – had a more straightforward definition: â€œFascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is the merger of state and corporate power.â€
Abraham Lincoln stated, â€œI see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me, and causes me to tremble for the safety of our country. Corporations have been enthroned, an era of corruption will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people, until wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the republic is destroyed.â€
The former CEO of QWest says they said no to a mysterious request from the Bush Administration concerning monitoring of US citizens PRIOR to 9/11.Â As a result they lost millions in government contracts.Â Story is here
Of course it happened like that.Â Did you think there would be any other response?Â Story is here
How long will this go on before the US economy as a whole is incapacitated because the huge consumer market shrinks and the Middle Cklass that used to buy more stuff cannot…making the market smaller?Â Story is here
A new poll indicates that a vast majority of the Americans are doubtful about the US administration’s ability to solve Iraq’s crisis.Â Story is here
According to New York Times/CBS News poll, 95 percent of US citizens mistrust the way the Bush administration handles the Iraq war.
Only 5 percent of the respondent said they could still trust Bush’s policy on the controversial war in Iraq.
The poll also reflects that 71 percent of the Americans believe officials must be flexible to reach a compromise on the withdrawal of troops from Iraq.
The poll shows approximately two third of the Americans believe that the US must reduce the number of its troops in Iraq or completely withdraw them from the country.
Sixty-four percent said they support a plan by the Democrats to set a timetable for the troops’ pullout by 2008.
So W gave another rambling speech in front of a bunch of drooling zombies the other day.Â How they allow his speeches to be recorded by any electronic device is beyond me because they always show him in a hugely bad light.Â This time was par for the course.Â Check out the quotes in this speech and try not to be mesmerized too deeply by his mastery of the English language. Story is here
The American Conservative tops the recent MoveOn ad with General Betrayus.Â Story is here
See who your politicians take $$$ from and how much.Â Story is here
Chris Matthews finally comes out of the closet…or out from behind the curtain rather…and explains the difference between the Clinton administration and the Bush administration in terms of biting political reporting.Â Story is here
Unbelievable political analysis of the Matthews speech from Bill O’Reilly. Watch his first few words to hear the most irony ever said by one person in one phrase.Â Â Video is here
A little more can be read here
A bit more here as well
And then Rupert Murdoch’s right wing newspaper The NY Post chimes in for a cherry on top of the dessert.Â Story is here
#3 hope that no one finds out.Â Uh oh!Â Story is here
Rudy Giuliani tries to throw the US Presidential election in 2008 by trying to alter the way California deals out its huge number of electors for the Electoral College.Â Of course this would have to be seen as unconstitutional in the end but then again we are in a time that the Constitution means nothing so it could have actually happened.
The latest great Socialistic bailout of rich bankers could have a real lasting impact as the world looks at the US economy as somethin gto scorn as opposed to something to envy.Â Story is hereÂ And isn’t it interesting that the people that cry about Socialism taking over were begging for the banking industry to be bailed out in a massive Socialistic move.Â hmmm.